NAME AND ADDRESS
Article 1 The name of this Chamber of Commerce shall be the Thai-Sri Lanka Chamber of Commerce known in Thai as Haw Karn Ka Thai-Sri Lanka. Thai-Sri Lanka Chamber of Commerce will also be known as TSLCC.
Article 2 The registered address of the TSLCC is Embassy of the Democratic Socialist republic of Sri Lanka, Ocean Tower II, 13th Floor, No. 75/6-7, Sukhumvit Soi 19, Khwaeng Klongtoey Nua, Khet Wattana, Bangkok Metropolis 10110
Article 3 The seal of the Chamber of Commerce is
Article 4 The objectives of the TSLCC shall be as follows:
(1) To promote and develop economic relations between Thailand and Sri Lanka
(2) To co-operate with each country’s authorities to develop trade, industry investment and economic activities.
(3) To provide advice, ideas, suggestions of the development of the economic and trade co-operation between the two countries.
(4) To collect and disseminate information related to trade and economic activities of both countries.
(5) To organize such events necessary for the promotion of trade and economic co-operation.
(6) To promote unity among businessmen of both countries.
(7) To do other business prescribed by the law as the duty of Chamber of Commerce but not contrary to the Chamber of Commerce Act of B.E. 2509 (1966).
(8) To exclude politics.
Article 5 To TSLCC shall be comprised of members engaged in, trade, industry, agriculture, finance or economic activities domiciled in Bangkok Metropolis including juristic-persons, branches of juristic persons registered abroad.
Article 6 Membership shall consist of following three categories:
(1) Ordinary members
(2) Associate members
(3) Honorary members
Article 7 “Ordinary member” is a natural or juristic person as defined in article 5 above and whose application for membership has been approved by the executive Committee. The ordinary membership will become effective on payment of the entrance fee of Thai Baht Three Thousand (3,000) annual membership subscription of Thai Baht Two Thousand (2,000).
“Association member” is a natural or juristic person as defined in article 5 and do not wish to be ordinary members and do not exercise any voting rights. The entrance fee and annual subscription for Associate Membership shall be Thai Baht Three Thousand (3,000) and Thai Baht Two Thousand (2,000) respectively.
“Honorary member” is a natural or juristic person who will contribute financially or professionally and bring prestige to the Chamber. Honorary members are elected by the Executive Committee. However, they are not expected to pay annual membership fee.
Article 8 Admission of members shall be on application and determined by the Executive Committee by simple majority.
RIGHT & DUTIES OF THE MEMBERS
(1) Every member is entitled to assistance and facilitation in the undertaking of his enterprise.
(2) Every member is eligible to exercise and perform his/her duties in his/her capacity as a member in accordance with the Provision of the Constitution. However, only an ordinary member is entitled to be elected to the Executive Committee and vote at the annual general meeting.
(3) Members are encouraged to express their views and proposals in matters concerning trade and economic.
(4) Membership can be terminated by:
- Death in the cases of a natural person
- Dissolution in the case of the juristic person
- Non-payment of dues for a period of more than one (1) year
- Declared bankrupt by a Court of Law
- Sentenced to imprisonment with the exception of petty offences or offence sentenced as such or offence out of negligence.
- Resolution of the Board of Directors to deprive a member of membership